Friday, September 28, 2012

Five for Friday

Now that the refs are back I'm figuring we'll get off the break even snide.

I like being insane. I like my addictive personality. When i was in my early 20's i would focus this insanity and personality into positive things like working out, and making money. Now in my 30's i've somehow fallen into this rut where i am at least working my way up with the federal government (i haven't become a pos yet guys so don't judge me) but i'm a long way from healthy and am not more addicted to horrible health.

For example, as we speak i am baking my wife and mine third red velvet cake.....OF THE WEEK!!! 

I mean wow....i know it makes me a fat slob of a person. I've gained 50lbs in the 2.5 years we've been together. But breaking out of that addictive pattern is something that is definitely on the horizon, i'm just not quite ready to do.

But with the horribly bad health habits i know that there is an end in sight. One day i will wake up and i will not be a fat slob, i will be a.....well i'll still be a fat slob but i'll start trending back to gym guy Eric.

With gambling there is no end in sight. There is only levels of winning and losing. I've always been fairly open with how consistently of a sports bet loser i am, but just to reinforce that let me remind you that i never intended to find poker (the only form of gambling i am a lifetime winner at) but rather i got referred to Bodog back in 2004 so that i could bet on sports and play blackjack. 

From that day forward i have been a losing sports bettor. I have literally NEVER been in the positive with sports.

So while i've conquered the blackjack degenerate in me and the craps degenerate in me.....and the table games degenerate in me, i have never - and never really wanted to - conquer the sports bettor degenerate in me. 

In same way shape or form that will always live on. I will always dole out my picks and leave it up to you to fade them (bet the opposite), agree with them (lose money), or outright ignore them (by far the best option). 

With that chipper intro out of the way lets get to the picks (no hot girl pics today)

SD +1 @ KC: Remember when i picked the Pats vs AZ and said, "Man, if there is one of these bets to not do this is it."? Well....Man, if there is one of these bets to not do, this is it. This is my pick of the week for "The Bet" vs The Rant but it just screams "TRAP GAME!!!" Degens, Let us unite and UNLOAD on this Lock of the Week!

NE - 3.5 @ Buffalo: Billy B isn't going to come out lightly here. Great coaches and teams know when the bleeding must stop in order to salvage the season and that is clearly this game. Brady and the Gronks ROLL!!!

STL +3 vs Seattle: Seachickens aren't at home any more which = they suck again. The Rams come into this game a bit underrated while the Seahawks come in a bit overrated. I'll take the home team plus the points for an easy win.

San Fran - 4 @ NYJ: The Jets seriously might be the worst 2-1 team in the history of the NFL and they just lost Revis. San Fran is coming off a disappointing loss and Harbaugh won't let that happen twice. I'd be shocked if the Jets score here or stop the Niners more than 4 times all game. 

Oak + 7 @ Denver: Everybody is betting Denver. Here's the thing though....Denver sucks!!! Peyton has fallen behind by 3 TD's in two straight games. Manning is throwing the ball like....well like he's had 4 neck surgeries in 2 years and will never be the same QB ever again. This isn't so much me liking the Raiders as it is hating the Broncos and thinking the public - and therefore Vegas - are overvaluing this line. 

Last Week: 2-3

Season: 4-5-1


My cake is ready which means this article is done son.

Good luck degens




Seriously degens lets get on this. Click the banner and lets own draft day

No comments:

Post a Comment