Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Maniac Overreaction Monday

Fantasy football season is just 15, 16 weeks of overreactions. So every Monday we are going to knee jerk react to the Sunday games and ride the tidal wave like we are Keanu Reeves in Point Break or *insert your favorite surfer movie here* until we are covered in Fantasy Football Chapionship Glory!

So lets start with....

The Good

Best WR

AMENDOLA!!! - I've been pretty high on him all year and these first two weeks only prove that he may be the next Welker (more on him later). 15 catches and 6000 yards every week may not happen but in PPR leagues he very well could be a top 10 WR at the end of the year

Best RB in the league!!!

C.J. Spiller - Maybe I should stay away from Bills RBs. Two or three years ago I drafted Fred Jackson late because he was so obviously more dynamic than Lynch. Wrong!

Then two years ago I drafted Spiller thinking the Bills drafting him in round one indicated they didn't want him to rot on the bench. Wrong again!

Last year I took Spiller late as one of my lottery ticket backs and it paid off big at the end of the year, but this year the secret was out and I wasn't willing to draft him where he was going.

Imagine how happy I was to see Fred Jackson go down in week 1 and Spiller looked amazing in relief. Now multiply that by 1,000, take 15 years of fantasy football aggression, and imagine how happy I am.

Best quarter ever played by a QB

Eli Manning - I felt coming into the year Eli was the last elite QB you could get. Brady is gonna Brady, Rodgers gonna Rodgers, I'm not big on Cam (yes even after he treated the Saints D like Mandingo treats Belladonna....The Saints are going to be Belladonna A LOT this season)

The Bad

Let's just get this out of the way, Wes Welker is done son. After week 1 a buddy of mine asked me if he should panic that Brady didn't look Welker's way. I told him to stay calm it's only 1 week and Welker is still Welker and Brady is still Brady.

I then watched in horror as my survival pool ended in week 2 and Brady again did not look Welker's way and Addleman took reps from Welker.

Here's my theory...

Billy B doesn't like paying players. Welker was a nobody who was cut by the Dolphins and Billy put him in the Pats system and made him a quasi star.

Now Welker is negotiating a contract saying, "Billy brah, look how good I am!!!" and then Belichick was like, *pops hoodie and stares at Welker with an unimpressed look...*

After the meeting Bill goes to Brady, "I gotta talk to you about a thing..."

"What kinda thing we talkin about?"

"That Welker thing..."

"Oh that thing"

"Yeah maybe you should start throwing the ball elsewhere because he won't be around forever..."

What I'm saying is....PANIC!!!!
Trade Welker for 10c on the dollar to any sucker who still believes!!!! Gogogogo!!!!

The injured

Aaron Hernandez - yayyyyy for Gronk owners like me!!!! Sad face for people who thought they could get an elite TE late.

Loyal readers, don't sit back and think logically about these things. Fantasy football is not a game if logic and reasoning! It is a game of rapid reactions where every incident and bump in the roads it catastrophic.

Get out of here! Go! Trade! Hit those waivers and save your season!!!

1 comment: