Wednesday, September 19, 2012

WTF....

Why not?

10 team PPR league. This is the infamous league in which i slept through the first two rounds only to wake up, log on, and see that i had drafted Gronk and Graham with my first two picks. The rest of my roster now looks like this

QB - Eli Manning
RB - Steven Jackson
RB - Ahmed Bradshaw
WR - Reggie Wayne
WR - Danny Amendola
TE - Gronk
Flex - Jimmy Graham

Now aside from not having any roster flexibility with Graham or Gronk constantly filling the TE/Flex positions i kinda like my team. I mean Eli is a rollercoaster but should put up points. SJax and Bradshaw are solid PPR backs but neither is a #1 guy and are more solid 2's. Wayne is looking like a legit low end #1 or high end 2 and Amendola is low end 2 or high end 3. Then i have the best TE and most consistent Flex in the league.

My bench is filled with high upside guys and one guy who the jury is still out on

BJGE
DeSean Jackson
Mike Leshoure
Randall Cobb
Jacquizz Rodgers
Kendall Hunter
Darryl Richardson

So i like my starters and BJGE and DeSean Jackson can fill in on bye weeks very nicely and then lottery tickets the rest of the way down.

The problem i had with this lineup is there is no upside. The entire roster is basically grinders so if the team i am playing that week has a big week from a player or two i am basically toast b/c my team has no upside. These guys are just going to go out and put up about 120 points every week and if you can beat that you win.

It's like the team was built not to lose and if there is one thing in my life i have never done it's play "not to lose."

*Cue Herm Edwards*

"YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!!!"

Thanks Herm

So i set out looking for trade partners who had slumping players with big ceiling and low basements.

A couple guys were on my radar and i know their owners like to trade.

Chris Johnson and Jamaal Charles topped the list and i set out ot make offers.

I offered up BJGE for CJ2K straight up and the CJ2K owner snap called so i didn't like that but i got my guy without much effort.

Then i was going to let it be except now i hear the owner of Charles is out there looking for WR's and i Jackson sitting on my bench begging me to trade him. Plus he's had a couple good games and Charles obviously has not.

I floated that offer out there and am waiting to hear back.

My thinking is this.....It's only week 2 people!

If you had told me two weeks ago i would have a roster of

Eli
Charles
CJ2K
Wayne
Amendola
Gronk
Graham

I'd have literally shit myself. Like literally i would have dropped my pants, laid on my back and done a celebratory shitting all over myself....not that i'm into that.

Owners are panicking this year it seems and I'm going to risk looking stupid or winning my leauge. When you make trades like these those are really the only two outcomes.

So go out there, target these scared owners, and PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!!!



*editors note*.....(ha, that's me too)

I just played my first weekend on draftday.com and had a 75% roi. I'll repost the link for your gaming pleasure when i get home, but seriously get in on this and if you are already in on it let me know and i'll start dedicating some blog space to it.

Banners are fun!! Click it, sign up, make monies!




No comments:

Post a Comment